From: Zeinab Emami (zemami_at_ku.edu.tr)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2014 - 11:45:27 CDT

Dear Christopher Mayne,

I have the same problem. I tried to follow you advise, though could not
figure out how it wors up to now. The tutorial seems not comprehensive.

I also read this page:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/topotools/ which did not help
much as well.

Would you please give me a short hint on *the procedure for producing PSF
file from a given pdb file that is void of parameter info.*

E.G. I tried to modify this pdb file for ethane, in order to get its psf
file:

HETATM 1 C 0 -0.772 0.000 -0.000
HETATM 2 C 0 0.772 0.000 -0.000
HETATM 3 H 0 1.179 1.012 -0.083
HETATM 4 H 0 1.178 -0.578 -0.835
HETATM 5 H 0 1.178 -0.434 0.918
HETATM 6 H 0 -1.178 -0.432 0.919
HETATM 7 H 0 -1.178 -0.580 -0.834
HETATM 8 H 0 -1.179 1.012 -0.086
END

I changed the atom names and type manually, and the charges as well, it did
not work.

I thank you in advance and look forward to hear your advise.

Sincerely,
Zeinab