From: Anoop Krishnan (anoopnm007_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2014 - 00:42:51 CDT

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I installed the latest VMD. I'm still struggling
with the issue that the pc crashes when I click on any of the options in
the Extension tab. The title of the error report is 'Xorg crashed with
SIGABRT'.

This is the VMD startup message.

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.9.2beta1 (September 12, 2014)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 3291MB (81%)
Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...
Info) Detected 1 available CUDA accelerator:
Info) [0] GeForce GTX 750 Ti 5 SM_5.0 @ 1.11 GHz, 2.0GB RAM, KTO, AE1, ZCP
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this X server option. Most OpenGL drivers
Warning) disable stereoscopic display when 'Composite' is enabled.
Info) OpenGL renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVFGS)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture (4)
Info) Dynamically loaded 2 plugins in directory:
Info) /usr/local/lib/vmd1_2b/plugins/LINUX/molfile

Regards