From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2014 - 15:43:58 CDT

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Eric Smoll <ericsmoll_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, John. I will give it a shot.
>
> What is the "ABI plugin?" I do not see it listed on this page:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/

that wasn't what john was talking about. he mean that the way how
plugins communicate with VMD was extended. previously (e.g. when the
trrplugin was written) it was not possible to read in velocities. now
it is possible, but somebody has to update the trrplugin to read and
provide that information to VMD. for that you need to know some
programming and how data is encoded into the trr file format.

axel.