From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2014 - 11:37:50 CDT

Hi,
  The 64-bit MacOS X build is considered experimental. The existing
binary was based on a non-official version of Tcl/Tk produced by an
Apple engineer before Apple decided to "outlaw" non-Apple GUI toolkits,
and thereafter stopped contributing to development of open source GUI
toolkits such as Tcl/Tk, etc.

During the beta phase of VMD 1.9.2, I will be evaluating whether or not
the standard versions of Tcl 8.6.x can be made to work with FLTK to produce
a 64-bit VMD. If not, the alternative would be to compile a 64-bit VMD
for MacOS using X-windows APIs rather than the Cocoa APIs that have been the
source of problems between Tk, FLTK, and MacOS 10.9.x...

Your email didn't seem to have any terminal output attached.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/