From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2014 - 16:27:30 CDT

Hi,
  If you're compiling a text-mode VMD build, you would want your
options to look more or less as you have them, but if you want to be
able to use the built-in Tachyon, you'll need to compile it from source.
If not, you can just delete the build option "LIBTACHYON" and that'll
let you get past that.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/