From: Maxim Belkin (mbelkin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2014 - 03:33:34 CDT

Right. AutoPSF is "tuned" for CHARMM27 that had that DEO1 patch. Now (in CHARMM36) it's DEOX non 5-terminal nucleotides and DEO5 for 5-terminal ones.

DEO1 and DEO2 patches are hard-coded into AutoPSF for dna, so to change this you would have to modify its source code.

I suggest you to look into psfgen and its user guide.

Maxim