From: sunyeping (sunyeping_at_aliyun.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2014 - 09:18:47 CDT

Dear all, I wonder whether the carboxyl group of a peptide C-terminal residue which is not acidic (Glu or Asp) can form salt bridges. I see in a structure that the N, NH and NE atoms of N-terminal Arg  of a peptide is positioned close to the   carboxyl group of C-terminal of the peptide and form obvious atom contacts.  In salt bridge plugin of VMD, they are recognized as salt bridges.  Could you tell me if these contact can be defined as salt bridges? Yeping Sun Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences