From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 22:07:49 CDT

how about this?

[akohlmey_at_zero ~]$ ~/lib/vmd/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 -h
Tachyon Parallel/Multiprocessor Ray Tracer Version 0.99
Copyright 1994-2011, John E. Stone <john.stone_at_gmail.com>
Unrecognized parameter/option flag: -h
Usage:
  /home/akohlmey/lib/vmd/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 modelfile [options]

Model file formats supported:
  filename.dat -- The model files originated with this package.
  filaname.ac -- AC3D model files.
  filename.nff -- The NFF scene format used by Eric Haines' SPD.

Valid options: (** denotes default behaviour)
Message Options:
  +V verbose messages on
  -V verbose messages off **

Speed Tuning Options:
  -raydepth xxx (maximum ray recursion depth
  -numthreads xxx (** default is auto-determined)
  -nobounding
  -boundthresh xxx (** default threshold is 16)

Shading Options:
  -fullshade best quality rendering (and slowest) **
  -mediumshade good quality rendering, but no shadows
  -lowshade low quality rendering, preview (and fast)
  -lowestshade worst quality rendering, preview (and fastest)

Lighting Options:
  -rescale_lights xxx rescale light intensity values by
                      specified factor (performed before other
                      lighting overrides take effect)
  -auto_skylight xxx force use of ambient occlusion lighting,
                      auto-rescaling direct light sources to
                      compensate for ambient occlusion factor.
                      (use value 0.7 as a good starting point)
  -add_skylight xxx force use of ambient occlusion lighting,
                      manually-rescaling direct light sources to
                      compensate for ambient occlusion factor.
  -skylight_samples xxx number of sample rays to shoot.

Specular Highlight Shading Options:
  -shade_phong Phong specular highlights
  -shade_blinn Blinn's specular highlights**
  -shade_blinn_fast fast approximation to Blinn's highlights
  -shade_nullphong disable specular highlights

Transparency Shading Options:
  -trans_max_surfaces xxx Limit the number of transparent
                           surfaces shown to the number specified
  -trans_orig Original implementation**
  -trans_raster3d Raster3D angle-based opacity modulation
  -trans_vmd Opacity post-multiply used by VMD

Transparent Surface Shadowing Options:
  -shadow_filter_on Transparent objects cast shadows**
  -shadow_filter_off Transparent objects do not cast shadows

Fog Shading Options:
  -fog_radial Radial fog implementation**
  -fog_vmd Planar OpenGL-like fog used by VMD

Surface Normal/Winding Order Fixup Mode:
  -normalfixup [off | flip | guess] (**off is default)

Antialiasing Options:
  -aasamples xxx (maximum supersamples taken per pixel)
                  (** default is 0, or scene file determined)

Output Options:
  -res Xres Yres override scene-defined output image size
  -o outfile.tga set output file name
  -clamp clamp pixel values to [0 to 1) (** default)
  -normalize normalize pixel values to [0 to 1)
  -gamma val normalize apply gamma correction
  -format BMP 24-bit Windows BMP (uncompressed)
  -format JPEG XXX Not compiled into this binary XXX
  -format PNG XXX Not compiled into this binary XXX
  -format PPM 24-bit PPM (uncompressed)
  -format PPM48 48-bit PPM (uncompressed)
  -format PSD48 48-bit PSD (uncompressed)
  -format RGB 24-bit SGI RGB (uncompressed)
  -format TARGA 24-bit Targa (uncompressed) **

Animation Related Options:
  -camfile filename.cam Animate using file of camera positions.
  -nosave Disable writing of output frames to disk
                        (only used for doing real-time rendering)

Interactive Spaceball/SpaceNavigator Control:
  -spaceball Enable Spaceball/SpaceNavigator camera flight
  -spaceballport serialportdevicename (only for serial devices)