From: Rohan Mehta (rohanrulz93_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2014 - 05:39:53 CDT

Hello Samuele,

1. There is slider-bar to control the animation speed at the bottom of the
"VMD-Main" window.
2. As for the animate command, I think it works at the fastest possible
speed of your Computer System. If you want to slow it down, then you can do
this:-

Run the 'animate' command frame-by-frame, in a loop (this way, you can even
choose which frames to animate and which frames to skip). And after every
frame, give a "pause" of your desired amount of time. See the list of
commands for 'animate' here
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node120.html>.

Regards,
Rohan Mehta.

--
3rd Year Undergraduate Student
Integrated M.Sc.(Hons.) Physics + B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics