From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 16:23:33 CST

Hi,
  We used to have a Linux PPC machine here for building that version of
VMD, but it died about a year or two ago and we never setup a new one
as very few people were downloading that version of VMD at that point.

Anyway, to debug your problem with the binary version, try running vmd
like this:
  source /usr/local/bin/vmd (will popup and exit as before)
  /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUXPPC (will run directly from your terminal,
                                     leaving any errors/segv's for you to read)

If you want to build from source, you'll have to follow the directions
on the developer's page here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/doxygen/compiling.html#compiling

If you're having trouble finding the source for something, be sure to
look on this page for links first:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/allversions/related_programs.html

Regarding the MacOS version, the MacOS X release notes did mention
that it requires 10.2 at one point, but somehow that text seems to
have gotten lost in the version that I posted on the web site. I'll
correct that ASAP.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,