From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 2014 - 19:24:31 CDT

Hi,
  Sorry for the slow reply, I've been traveling a lot and am now
catching up on unanswered VMD-L questions. I think this question
is best asked of the APBS mailing lists, as they will know more
about the history of this issue on MacOS and if there's a common
solution or not.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/