From: T K (physics.usersim_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2014 - 10:05:53 CDT

Hello Axel
Thank you for the quick replay, What I did was just save a LAMMPS restart
each time step I want to visualize and then loop over all the files and
load them into VMD, export them to file and animate that. but I think that
is very inefficient. I wonder if there is an option to group all of the
different
frames that I load into one molecule file, and how will VMD handle it that
each frame has a different number of bonds ?
Also one more thing that I cant figure out is why after the first frame
that I animate the atoms become colored red.
I attach my tcl script that I use to do this.
Thank you very much
   Taj

*-------------input--------------------
display backgroundgradient on
for {set i 8000 ; set j 0 } {$j<1000} {incr i 628 ; incr j } {
  puts "I inside loop as $j"
  topo readlammpsdata data.${i} bond
  animate style Loop
  display resetview
  animate dup frame now $j
  mol rename $j {data.${i}}
  mol reanalyze $i
  mol color Name
  mol representation Lines
  mol selection all
  mol material Opaque
  mol addrep $j
  display resetview
  menu graphics off
  menu graphics on
  mol modstyle 0 $j VDW 0.500000 12.000000
  ##mol color Name
  mol representation VDW 2.500000 12.000000
  mol selection all
  mol material Opaque
  mol addrep $j
  mol modselect 1 $j type 2
  mol modstyle 1 $j VDW 4.000000 12.000000
##mol color Name
mol selection type 2
mol material Opaque
mol addrep $j
mol modstyle 2 $j Bonds 1.000000 12.000000
##mol color Name
mol representation Bonds 1.000000 12.000000
mol selection type 2
mol material Opaque
mol addrep $j
mol modselect 3 $j all