From: Joaquim Rui de Castro Rodrigues (joaquim.rodrigues_at_ipleiria.pt)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2014 - 08:23:09 CST

Hi,

You could create a proc and save it in your .vmdrc file for easy access. Something like (untested):

proc my_addfile {{trajectory} {stepsize]} {
  set first [expr [molinfo top get numframes] * $stepsize]
  mol addfile $trajectory step $stepsize first $first
}

and then call it using:
my_addfile trajectory.dcd 5

HTH,