From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2014 - 21:50:21 CST

On Jan 9, 2014 9:52 PM, "Tristan Croll" <tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’ve added the option to include secondary structure restraints to my
gradually developing interactive MDFF extension (built from AutoIMD), and
have run into a rather odd (and intermittent) problem.

> The call to ssrestraints in the code is fairly straightforward:
>

> # If secondary structure restraints are chosen, create restraints file
>
> if $settings::usessrestraints {
>
> package require ssrestraints
>
> ssrestraints -psf [file join "$settings::scratchdir" automdff.psf]
-pdb [file join "$settings::scratchdir" automdff.pdb] -sel
"$settings::ssrestraintsseltext" $settings::restrainhbonds -o [file join
"$settings::scratchdir" automdff-ssrestraints.txt]

> mol delete top
>
> }
>

> ... as is the addition to the namd template file:
>

> # use secondary structure restraints if required
>
> if $usessrestraints {
>
> extraBonds yes
>
> extraBondsFile automdff-ssrestraints.txt
>
> }
>

> I’ve checked, and it creates a perfectly normal looking extrabonds file.
However, when I run it, roughly 3 times out of 4 I get an “abnormal EOF”
error with the diagnostic giving a line partway through
automdff-ssrestraints.txt. The interesting thing is that it’s always
truncating some power of two (2048, 4096 or 8192) characters into the file
– which would suggest that a too-small chunk of memory is being
pre-assigned for the file. But in that case, why does it vary from run to
run (with identical conditions)?

This sounds more like a file not being properly closed to me.

Axel.

> I’m happy to send anyone a copy of the code to see if you can replicate
the bug.

> Tristan Croll
>
> Lecturer
>
> Faculty of Health
>
> Institute of Health and Biomedical Engineering
>
> Queensland University of Technology
>
> 60 Musk Ave
>
> Kelvin Grove QLD 4059 Australia
>
> +61 7 3138 6443
>

> This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information
intended for use by the addressee and may be privileged. We do not waive
any confidentiality, privilege or copyright associated with the email or
the attachments. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use,
transmit, disclose or copy the email or any attachments. If you receive
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and delete the
original email.