From: Bogdan Costescu (bogdan.costescu_at_iwr.uni-heidelberg.de)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 10:47:59 CST

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Oliver Beckstein wrote:

> sometimes VMD decides to start up without giving me an OpenGL graphics
> window. The OpenGL display window is just grey, no spinning VMD logo or
> axes. Once this has occurred I typically have to log out of my X session
> to be able to run VMD in display mode again.

I have seen a very similar behaviour when there were still remains of the
Mesa GL that were interferring with NVidia GL. On Fedora Core 1, for
example, it would mean uninstalling (rpm -e) XFree86-Mesa-libGL or putting
/usr/lib/nvidia (or whatever the directory is called) before
/usr/X11R6/lib in the library path (f.e. in /etc/ld.so.conf).

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868