From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2013 - 01:14:33 CST

Yes, but I was just talking about the VMD plugin. The problem why this hasn’t still been implemented might be, that without a movement of the atoms, means cross-frame measurements, this energy hbond detection might be less accurate here or just hard to implement, whereas with the current implementation a hbond can easily be visualized for one single point in time, so also for a pdb from the database and probably therefore is the better choice for most people. Of course, if someone chooses hbonds to be a main topic of the own work, this is another thing and one should implement an own analysation.

Norman Geist.