From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2013 - 13:16:36 CST

Hi Louis,

I haven't encountered this problem before, but if I were to have a
guess, it might have to do with how ppmtompeg was compiled (based on the
version information, it looks like you compiled it yourself). It looks
like it is missing a library (undefined symbol), and crashes before
anything is added to the animation. What you can try is to uncheck the
"delete image files" checkbox when running the movie maker (under movie
settings), which will let you manually attempt to generate the movie on
the command line from your source images. What I think you'll find is
that your ppmtompeg version is broken, and will crash no matter what
images you give it. If this turns out to be the case, I'd delete your
version, and install the packaged version, which is in the netpbm
package on apt-get, unless there is a good reason for compiling it yourself.

-Josh