From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2013 - 09:57:38 CDT

Hi Himanshu,

It depends on what cutoffs you set. VMD measures hydrogen bonds by
considering the distance between the heavy atoms involved and the
position of the hydrogen bond between then. It may be that one bond is
just a little too long/not aligned in your trajectory, and you only see
2 instead of the expected 3. Relaxing the tolerances slightly may show
the third bond.
-Josh Vermaas