From: Andrei Tudor (andrei.tudor.1_at_ulaval.ca)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2013 - 10:26:38 CDT

Hi Max,

Have you installed CUDA from nvidia website? https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads
I am not sure for OSX, as I don't have a mac anymore, but on Linux I had to install CUDA before being able to use it.

Andrei
De : owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu [owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu] de la part de Ebert Maximilian [m.ebert_at_umontreal.ca]
Date d'envoi : 25 octobre 2013 16:06
À : <vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Objet : vmd-l: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M and CUDA

Hi there,

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M on Mac OS X and when I start the CUDA version of VMD I get the following message:

Warning) Detected a mismatch between CUDA runtime and GPU driver
Warning) Check to make sure that GPU drivers are up to date.
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) OpenGL renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture (8)

Does anybody has an idea how I can enable CUDA? The GPU is farely new so I don’t understand what the message with old drivers means.

Thank you,

Max