From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2013 - 15:55:12 CDT

Chris,
  If you already know the direction you want to to apply the
clipping plane in from a vector, you can also use VMD the
"mol clipplane" text commands to define the clipping planes
yourself, or with your own small script rather than doing it
in the GUI using the clipping plane tool plugin. Have a look
at that and let us know if that's what you need or if you still
have questions.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/