From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2013 - 03:20:01 CDT

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM, sunyeping <sunyeping_at_aliyun.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. But the list of atom index contain a larger number
>> of atoms and is it inpossible to make selection one by one, what should I
>> do?

i don't understand, why it would be a problem to do this one by one?
this is a task that is *very* easily done by a script and computers
don't have a problem with repetitive tasks.

that being said, you can - of course - also make a selection for a
whole list of indices. please read the VMD user's guide. it explains
the atom selection language. remember, that documentation almost never
presents you with a ready-to-copy solution, but has only pieces of a
solution that you have to assemble into a complete script.

axel.