From: Christopher MacDermaid (chris.macdermaid_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2013 - 11:08:56 CDT

VMDFORCECPUCOUNT=3; /opt/apps/vmd-1.9.1/bin/vmd -dispdev text

seems to work for me.

vmd > puts $env(VMDFORCECPUCOUNT)
3

vmd > set env(VMDFORCECPUCOUNT) 4
vmd > puts $env(VMDFORCECPUCOUNT)
4

also works..

Chris

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM, upayan baul <margheritan22_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear VMD users,
>
> Could you please guide me on how to set environment variables for VMD,
> especially
> VMDFORCECPUCOUNT? The vmdinit.tcl file does not presently contain
> information
> on it and moreover I can only access it as "read-only".
>
> VMD currently detects 48 CPUs on a cluster and is against the submission
> policies.
>
> I tried to set it using OMP_NUM_THREADS in the scheduler but it does not
> seem to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Upayan

Dr. Chris MacDermaid chris.macdermaid_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/7Zyz3
Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute for Computational Molecular Science
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA