From: Josh Vermaas (vermaas2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2013 - 17:04:51 CDT

Hi,

Dihedral parameters are only read in at the beginning of a run, so the
order of individual terms relative to one another does not matter in
general, as they all get read in before a force or energy are
calculated. The one exception to this is if there are two conflicting
terms (identical atomtypes and periodicity), which NAMD explicitly warns
you about when dynamics starts.

-Josh Vermaas