From: Mauricio C. Tripp (trippm_at_wabash.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 13:48:06 CST

Hi Jonh,

>===== Original Message From John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> =====
>Mauricio,
> The "-6" means that one of the internal routines in the DCD reader
>plugin encountered a frame that contains data that doesn't match the
>format that the plugin is expecting. The "-6" is the plugin's internal
>"DCD_BADFORMAT" error code.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a charmm bug, although the DCD file
that's giving me trouble is the third 'piece' of a long simulation,
VMD can read the first two DCD files, generated the same way...

>What version of Charmm generated
>the DCD file that's causing you trouble? If you can tell me the Charmm
>version number as well as whether its the commercial or academic variant
>(they have been known make slightly different output files) that would be
>helpful to me.

 (CHARMM) - Developmental Version 29b1 August 15, 2002

as from the output file...
I beleive is the academic version, but since I didn't install it I'm
not 100% sure, is there a way to find out?

>Have you successfully read this trajectory into any other
>software?

No, what else can I use to read it, do you know? (I'm new with charmm)

>How large is the trajectory file? If its reasonably sized,
>it might be worth posting it so I can try loading it here as well for
>further debugging.

the file is 210 Mb, so probably it's to big to post it

Thank you,

Mauricio