From: Olaf Lenz (olenz_at_icp.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2013 - 01:50:58 CDT

Hi!

On 07/28/2013 09:52 AM, v.satarifard wrote:
> I have installed VMD 1.9.1 version in my ubuntu 12.04 and without
> remove my VMD program I install VMD 1.9.2 alpha version on it, and
> now I have problem with running or removing VMD.

To remove VMD, you just have to remove the file "vmd" from where it was
installed (probably /usr/bin/vmd) and the directory /usr/lib/vmd.

> When I run it in terminal I faced with this error:
>
> ~$ vmd
>
> /usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUXAMD64: error while loading shared
> libraries: libcudart.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

This error means that you have installed the 64-bit version of VMD, but
only the 32-bit version of CUDA. As it looks that vmd_LINUXAMD64 was
running, you probably have installed the 32-bit version of CUDA on a
64-bit Linux. The best solution is to first remove the broken CUDA, and
then probably install a 64-bit CUDA.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Allmandring 3, D-70569 Stuttgart