From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 13:05:17 CST

Mauricio,
  The "-6" means that one of the internal routines in the DCD reader
plugin encountered a frame that contains data that doesn't match the
format that the plugin is expecting. The "-6" is the plugin's internal
"DCD_BADFORMAT" error code. What version of Charmm generated
the DCD file that's causing you trouble? If you can tell me the Charmm
version number as well as whether its the commercial or academic variant
(they have been known make slightly different output files) that would be
helpful to me. Have you successfully read this trajectory into any other
software? How large is the trajectory file? If its reasonably sized,
it might be worth posting it so I can try loading it here as well for
further debugging.

Thanks,