From: Tyler Luchko (tluchko_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 16:37:33 CST

Hello,

I've been trying to visualize surface properties that VMD does not
natively suport by calling MSMS myself and drawing the triangles in VMD
using TCL with my own colouring for the faces. The problem is that
this is _extremely_ slow. It is slow to draw, slow to rotate and
surprisingly slow to delete the faces. I've noticed that VMD uses ACTC
Triangle Consolidation for drawing the MSMS surfaces and I was wondering
if it is possible to use this from TCL as I assume that it would make
things faster.

Also, I was wondering, what are the chances that VMD will allow colouring
with an arbitrary RGB triplet in the future? This would be much
preferrable to using the 1040 colour pallet.

Thank you,

Tyler

________TyLer_LuchKo__::__MaSters_StuDent__->>__DePartMent_Of_PhysIcs_________
_______UnIVerSiTy_Of_AlBerTa__->>__EdMonTon__->>__AlBerTa__->>__CanADa________