From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 2013 - 13:36:10 CDT

Hi,
  Your Quadrio NVS 290 doesn't have much video memory, so I would
recommend that you either disable antialiasing completely, or reduce
the max samples per pixel down to 2 or 3. The correct environment
variable to set is:
  VMDMAXAASAMPLES

You would get MUCH better rendering performance if you replaced that
NVS 290 with something more beefy like a GeForce 680.