From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 2013 - 09:13:27 CDT

Hi,
  Yes, you can use the File|Render menu to export your VMD scene to
STL, VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0), or X3D, all three of which are commonly
used for 3-D printers. Of those three, only the VRML97 and X3D
file formats contain color information. The STL file format does not.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/