From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 10:54:28 CST

Hi Ioana, John and vmd-l,

I remember having had a similar problem at some point. There is another
solution, which is to post-process the video file.

It was a while ago, but as far as I can remember I used a tool called
ffmpeg or another one called transcode to do that.

In my notes I found the following lines:

# error
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -f 1 -y mpeg,null
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -f 1,9 -y mpeg,null
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -f 1 -y mpeg,null --export_frc 9
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -f 0,9 -y mpeg,null
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -y mpeg,null --export_frc 9
# ok
transcode -i bfactor.mpg -o test -f 1 -y mov,null

without any warranty, but one of those should slow the movie down,
I think. At least I remember that I did manage in the end.

Hope this helps,
Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de