From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 13:09:19 CDT

Hi guys,
  You can also have a look at the file "build.csh" in the top
level plugins directory, as this file contains scripts that actually do
the VMD plugin builds on our machines here, at NCSA, Indiana, and
several other sites. That script detects what machine it is being
run on and sets the various compilation directories for the appropriate
Tcl/Tk and other library dependencies as needed. Your own compile line
should look somewhat similar, with the correct paths for your local
libraries of course.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/