From: Dave Schall (schalljd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2013 - 11:47:07 CDT

Axel,

Your method sort of works, in that charge (now vx) does change dynamically;
however, there is one odd thing. The range for vx seems to be the absolute
value of the original q. My actual charge ranges from -0.62 to +0.22. Once
I ran your script, I have an autoscale values ranging from 0 to +0.62. So
there is something funny going on.

I actually cheated (after trying your script) and did search and replace
with "perl -pi 's/q/vx/g' lammps.trj" to simply change all the q's to vx's
in the dump file. No additional scripts necessary (but I get the same range
issue).

Dave