From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2013 - 12:51:05 CDT

The MM values will never match the QM values. The idea is to compromise so that the charges are not too far from QM while performing as well as possible in an MM simulation. It is not always necessary to use all three files, based on the 3D topology of your molecule and other symmetry arguments. You should try to use the target data from at least one of the 120 positions, in addition to the 180 position.

Christopher Mayne