From: Bennion, Brian (Bennion1_at_llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2013 - 10:08:08 CDT

Yes the commandline would work just fine for loading the reduced set of coordinates. How much memory do you have on this system?

regardless, of memory size, you can use catdcd to cut the dcd in as many pieces as you want.
You would use separate catdcd commands to read in the first half of the full dcd file and then the second half.

The alignment would require one extra step and that is you would need a pdb file of the very first structure to align the 2nd, 3rd, ... DCD files to.

brian