From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2013 - 13:14:50 CDT

As Axel noted, yes the ffTK source is available, and you are free to modify it. I will note that adapting ffTK to use GAMESS is non-trivial for a couple of reasons.

As for understanding the details of each step, we in large part follow the general workflow set out in Vanommeslaeghe, K. et al. J. Comput. Chem. 2010, 31, 671-690, coupled to our own scoring algorithms that allow us to automate the optimizations. There are few (important) exceptions to this, where we do things our own way. A comprehensive description of ffTK will be included in a manuscript that is in preparation.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne