From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 19:15:34 CST

I believe that John has fixed that in the next version of VMD. However,
there is a rather cumbersome workaround you can use if you really have
to.

After the menu locks up:

- Click on the desktop to activate the Finder
- Click on the VMD Main window
- Click on one of the VMD Main menus. You don't have to select anything.
- Then go back to the vmdmovie gui and make your selection

The problem occurs when you click on the OpenGL window while the
vmdmovie window is open. The above sequence will reactivate the menus
as long as you don't click in the OpenGL window.

Enjoy :-)
Robert