From: Walter Rocchia (Walter.Rocchia_at_iit.it)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2013 - 17:49:09 CDT

Dear VMD-list,
I would like to bring to your attention the "Computational Electrostatics for Biological Applications" meeting that will take place from July 1st to July 3rd, 2013 at the Italian Institute of Technology located in Genova, Italy.
In this occasion, different formulations and solving strategies for the Poisson-Boltzmann Equation, different geometric views on the treatment of the molecular surface, concerning both the model and the numerical side, and, of course, applications will be covered.
Moreover, a specific "hands on DelPhi" session will be set up, so that young researchers/students that are interested to specific tasks to be accomplished with the DelPhi Poisson-Boltzmann solver or in a tutorial can attend practical activity and ask specific questions.
Since we strongly believe in the power of an interdisciplinary approach to the description of complex physical and biological problems, this meeting is co-organized with the Shape Modeling Group of the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Information Technology of the CNR and co-located with the Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing 2013, (3-5 July 2013) http://sgp.ge.imati.cnr.it/, a premier venue for exchanging research results on a wide range of topics related to the creation of mathematical foundations and practical algorithms for the processing of complex geometric data sets and models.
I would really appreciate if you could share this information with anybody who you think might be interested.
Details on the registration, accommodation and submission of abstracts can be found on the website: http://www.electrostaticszone.eu/index.php/ceba
as well as a provisional speaker list:
http://www.electrostaticszone.eu/index.php/ceba-speakers
Thank you and hoping to see you this summer in Genova,
Walter Rocchia, Michela Spagnuolo, and the "DelPhi development team @ IIT"
Walter Rocchia, PhD
Researcher - Computational Chemistry
Drug Discovery and Development