From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 09:25:13 CST

Hi,
  The values should be in absolute distance, but in Angstroms, not nm.
Another thing to be aware of is that you may need to use your own custom
normalization if you're dealing with membranes, as the built-in
normalization computes a straightforward histogram bin shell
volume normalization and doesn't try to handle water, membrane, or
protein specially.