From: Eamon Caddigan (eamon_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 15:15:00 CST

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, ailong wrote:

> I am trying to get antialiasing to wrok on Linux 9.0 with NVIDIA Quadro 4
> (generic) graphics card. I got the AA button light up by setting
> __GL_FSAA_MODE =2, 3, 4, or 5. However, none of the options has any
> antiliasing effect on the rendered pictures.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, these options only control the anti-aliasing settings for VMD's
Graphics display (and images produced using the "snapshot" renderer).
For other renderers, you'll need to set specific options -- either in
the rendering command or (possibly) the scene file produced by VMD -- to
produce anti-aliased images.

> By the way, I usually render images in Raster3D format.

In Raster3D, it looks like you can achieve anti-aliasing by adding the
"-aa" option to the render command. Let me know if you need any help
doing this.

Hope this helps,
Eamon Caddigan
VMD Assistant