From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2013 - 15:03:27 CST

Hi,
  The "coulomb" volmap type doesn't support periodicity.
The "coulombmsm" volmap type supports periodicity, but there are
somewhat unusual cases that it currently can't handle, and this may
be the reason that you're getting the error message. I'm CCing my
colleague David Hardy, who developed the MSM (multilevel summation method)
algorithm that is used by the "coulombmsm" volmap type, so he can
comment further.