From: Marcel UJI (IMAP) (arzo_at_uji.es)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 07:13:42 CST

Hello

I'm considering purchasing a 3D monitor to use with VMD in linux. I
found that Nvidia 3D vision equipment (monitor+glasses) are considerably
more expensive than equivalent FPR ( Film-type Patterned Retarder)
monitors + (passive) glasses. Has anyone experience with 3D equipment in
VMD?

I'm particularly concerned with:

- When not using 3D glasses does any of those technologies affect the 2D
resolution or general quality of the image??
- Is VMD in linux supporting both types of 3D technologies??

I know that FPR uses half of the pixels for each eye, but they are
"combined" later when forming the image so the final quality should be
OK. Is that true??

My computer has a Nvidia Quadro 4000, so presumably both of them should
be supported.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Marcel

--
Dr. Marcel Aguilella-Arzo
Professor Titular d'Universitat, Física Aplicada