From: Eugen Leitl (eugen_at_leitl.org)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 04:13:28 CST

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:11:14PM +0400, Alexandre Vakhrouchev wrote:
> Would U shorly describe your message, I already deleted it via telnet (too bulky).
> Thank you,
> Alex

List moderator,

can we please limit the size of list posts, or make attachements off-limits?

This is the second time a multi-MByte attachement gets posted.

Please think about poor dialup users, which can only download few kBytes/s
at a time, typically pay by the minute and have to start from scratch
once the connection gets dropped.

While it is possible to simulate a POP3 session via telnet, and delete
a message manually, no one should have to.

With the influx of new people into computational sciences we now have folks
which would cheerfully attach an .iso image, or a TByte trajectory file, and
hit send.

This has to be addressed at the infrastructure level.

-- Eugen* Leitl leitl
ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144 http://www.leitl.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
http://moleculardevices.org http://nanomachines.net