From: Heather Mayes (hmayes_at_hmayes.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2013 - 19:27:14 CST

Josh and Peitong,

To get around the fact that dynamic bonds will connect any atoms in a
selection, I took advantage of the fact that C-H bonds are shorter
than C-C bonds. For a system with only C and H, you could set two
dynamic bond representations. For the first, select all C and use a
cut-off that will capture C-C bonds (i.e. 1.9 A). For the second,
select C and H and use a cut-off reasonable for C-H bonds (i.e. 1.3
A). Since C-C bonds will fall into both categories, there will
actually be two lines drawn between two carbons. However, since they
will exactly overlap, it is not a problem. Having the shorter cut-off
when H is included helps prevent unwanted bond representations
involving H.

My best,
-Heather