From: Clarinet (clarinet_at_atlas.cz)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2012 - 08:04:09 CST

Hi all,

We have the following problem:

We have a fairly recent machine with GeForce GT220 card that runs
Ubuntu. The newest graphics card drivers from nVidia are installed.

When I login to a remote server (with 'ssh -X') and run VMD (version
1.9.1) there to display a molecule on the local computer, everything
opens ok but the molecule is not visible if the drawing method is
"lines" or "dots". To see the molecule I have to switch to e.g.
"licorice", but the manipulation is much slower then, of course.

If the same molecule is open in a local installation of VMD, everything
seems ok - the molecule is visible even when "lines" representation is
selected.

Does anyone have an idea where to look for a reason?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jiri Polach