From: Roberto Gaspari (roby.gaspari_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 05:11:19 CST

Dear all,

I found what makes the trr not readable in my case.
I did an equilibration run on my local machine using some
setting stored in a eq.tpr file.

For the production run I copied the final checkpoint file on the remote
machine together with a new run.tpr file which I produced with some new
settings
(e.g. a different time interval for output writing).

By restarting the simulation on the remote computer I got a warning
message in the log file

"Gromacs binary or parallel settings not identical to previous run.
Continuation is exact, but is not guaranteed to be binary identical."

Now I tried again and load the eq.tpr file instead of the run.tpr in the
remote
machine. By restarting the simulation I did not get the warning anymore
and I could read the trr file.

Hope this helps also someone else

Roberto