From: Ijäs Mari (mari.ijas_at_aalto.fi)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 01:46:49 CDT

Dear all,

I would like to visualize phonon displacement patterns from axsf files generated by Quantum Espresso*. The structural information appears to be read fine by vmd but I haven't yet figured out a way how to visualize the force vectors. Is this even possible in the current implementation?

I tried to search the mailing list archives but I apologize if I've missed the relevant thread(s).

Best wishes,

Mari Ijäs
Graduate student
Aalto University School of Science,
Espoo, Finland

* I know, using XCrysDen is the recommended way of doing this but I'd prefer to do this in VMD due to a number of reasons.