From: Andrew Jewett (jewett.ai_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2012 - 03:00:13 CDT

I'd like to second this request.

I've had a similar problem when attempting to view molecules with many
atom types. In my case I was using Axel's topotools to load a LAMMPS
data file and view it in VMD.

I was not sure if this was a topotools issue or a VMD issue. It seems
like it's a VMD issue. It would be very nice to be able to specify
the color of more than 10 atom types. (We run into this limit fairly
frequently.)

(For example, I had this problem trying to generate the following image:
http://www.moltemplate.org/images/microtubule/LPN_119984atoms.jpg)

Cheers!
Andrew