From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 03:52:04 CDT

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM, oguz gurbulak <gurbulakoguz_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> I tried to run vmd with "vmd -dispdev text" command in terminal but again
> nothing happened and I couldn't open vmd main window. vmd was installed but

with -dispdev text, no graphical window will appear,
but you should get some kind of informational and
or error message in the terminal window where you
type that command. *that* is the information needed
to give you an advice.

> I couldn't find how to open it. Should I install a different version of vmd
> for a different platform like "Linux PowerPC (64-bit) Text-mode" ? or

do you *have* a "power pc" type machine?
that package is obviously without graphics,
so how should this be helping.

> Should I write a different command to run vmd in terminal ? What do you
> recommend ? How can I solve this problem ?

first off, you *really* need to pay attention and
not just do random stuff, speculate and basically
say "it doesn't work". many, many people are
able to install and use VMD without a problem,
so chances are, there is something wrong with
what you are or have been doing to install VMD.

axel.