From: FX (fxcoudert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2012 - 08:22:29 CDT

Hi all,

Two things have been bugging me about displaying isosurfaces extracted from volumetric data (cube file) in VMD, as well as volume slices:

  1. Is there any way to plot the isosurfaces with their two sides painted in different colors? In the case of open volumes (such as accessible space in a periodic unit cell), this is a great visual cue for distinguishing the interior and exterior of the surface. Is it something that could be patched easily? I should mention that I tried to achieve that by plotting two different isosurfaces, with different color and close isovalues, but this is not extremely stable, and the surfaces obtained sometimes intersect, yielding patches of the wrong color.

  2. It seems that trying to display periodic images of the main isosurface (even though it has a well-defined box) doesn't work. Is that expected? Again, is there a workaround?

  3. How can the color scheme for a VolumeSlice of my volumetric data be changed? I'd like it to go between colors other than blue, white and red.

Thanks in advance for your help,
FX Coudert