From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2012 - 15:11:19 CDT

Hi,
  Here is an old ellipsoid drawing script that Chris Forman (cjf41_at_cam.ac.uk)
wrote for VMD a while back. This is a good starting point for someone that
needs to draw ellipsoids and doesn't want to wait for a built-in feature
to be implemented. This is a simple Tcl script that draws ellipsoids
given the appropriate axes and rotation information. See attached script.